Friday, October 29, 2010

Borders

King's Crown


I developed the original idea for this quilt top in my 15 December 2009 post. Then on 15 August 2010 I added sashing to it. Now I'm going to add a border.
What if I repeat the edge of the design and place it slightly apart?

I like this as a start; however, to me it feels too narrow to be a proper border.


What if I double up on the repeat?

This feels right to me.
What if I fill the gaps with a neutral black?

I like it but it feels a bit weak.
What if I replace the blck with red?

Same problem.
What if I create a red picket fence in the border?

This works. I'm wondering if there isn't a little too much red?
What if I replace the red with the neutral black again?

This works too.



For more border ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment