Sunday, August 25, 2013

Ninepatch Pinwheel #7

Rocky Mountain House




To make a Ninepatch Pinwheel block I start with a design on a ninepatch grid. And then determine the piecing.


I pick some colors. Then I use four of the block to make a kind of pinwheel.




Then I play with fabric colors and the block setting to see what sorts of quilt designs I can discover.











I've named this Ninepatch Pinwheel block after Rocky Mountain House in my home province of Alberta. I am delighted with how the quilts it produces are so different from each other.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wayne,
    This one is my favorite so far... maybe because I have family in Rocky, but also because it captures the flavor of the place (actually not my favorite town though). Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie

    I'll be doing a trunk show in Rocky Mountain House in the middle of October. The 18th if my memory is any good.

    ReplyDelete