Thursday, December 19, 2013

Rectangular Block

Dugald























Why do blocks have to be square? Why can't they be rectangular? I decided to design a rectangular block and see what happens.



I started with a three by four grid and assumed the squares were 2"x2".

I arbitrarily drew this piecing and started to play with how the pieces were colored and then played with block settings.


Here are some of the results.
























I think the idea of rectangular blocks is worth exploring some more.


--------------------------------------------------------------

Is anybody besides me having trouble using Blogger? Nothing does what it's supposed to. I have to trick it to make it do what I want. This  has been going on for a long time, ever since Google took over. It's vey discouraging.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had much trouble with Blogger, though I do know it there was a bit of a learning curve when G took over. (Why did they have to change so much and all at the same time, I wonder?)

    What problems are frustrating you the most? I'll help if I can...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea! I like especially the third one!

    I havn't problems with blogger, but I know that someone has problems with comments on my blog. Don't know why...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,

    maybe you can find some help in this articel?
    http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/2013/12/internet-explorer-updates-and-use-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course blocks don't have to square ... I can tell by your results!
    Lots of people seem to be having problems with Blogger ... I can't help except to say I have had very few problems with Wordpress.

    Have a merry Christmas, and wishing you a great new year ... look forward to seeing what you design in the next twelve months.

    ReplyDelete