Sunday, January 22, 2012

What Kind Of Block is This?












It's a block made from 4 half square triangles that I made wonky by changing the grid dimensions.




It occurred to me that I've used blocks on a 3x3 grid and blocks on a 4x4 grid to make wonky blocks, but I've never started with one on a 2x2 grid.

Until now.  The 4 half-square triangles on a wonky grid make a block that I can do all sorts of things with.





Such as:














I am always surprised by how many different things can be done using a simple block.

And I am always delighted by the variety that results from using a wonky block.

So when a block is both simple and wonky, like this one is, good things are bound to happen.

4 comments:

  1. Wayne,

    Simple, but WOW! You have only touched on the variety of quilts which are possible with this one block, but the designs you have shown are a great example.

    I should start an Electric Quilt project file and call it Wayne's World ... hopefully I will make time to play with some of your blocks sometimes ... particularly some of the wonky ones. I usually play with fairly regular blocks, so will see where you lead me!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this block!

    I've been reading your blog for a while and enjoy seeing what you do.

    However, this block moved to the top of my list. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy

    I would love to see the designs you create using my blocks. No two people create in exactly the same way. So I'm bound to see things I would never have thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele

    I'm glad you like this block. If you ever use it be sure to let me see what you've done. I need inspiring too, once in a while.

    ReplyDelete