Sunday, March 11, 2012

This Old Quilt


























Gave Me Some New Ideas

Seebe is one of the quilts from my Alberta series. It is named after a small hamlet where my wife Linda and I used to stop for ice cream on our way back from hiking in the mountains and that no longer exists.

I don't remember when I designed it; but I didn't actually sew it until January 2009.

Looking at it now I realize the Seebe block has potential that I've never fully explored.

I used to think that this was the Seebe block.




But now I realize that this outline version is the real block.



I'm going to try coloring the Seebe block a couple of different ways to see what sort of quilt designs are possible using it.






























If you are willing to invest some time and play with it, Seebe is capable of things you never anticipated

Come to think of it, this is true of every block.

No comments:

Post a Comment