Thursday, March 28, 2013

Quarter of Nine #15

Dublin Steps



























When you cut a traditional block which is assembled from nine units, such as Dublin Steps, into quarters you get four Quarter of Nine blocks.









When you change how the Quarter of Nine blocks are colored and arranged, the result is a new block that can be used to make original quilts.
















This process is just like making disappearing Nine Patch quilts, except that it uses other blocks in place of a Nine Patch.

Because the original blocks have more character the quilts are much more interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I love this block. I am going to try it. www.notionnanny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail

    I'm glad to hear you are going to try this block.
    I would be delighted if you would send me a picture of it when you do.

    ReplyDelete