Sunday, July 7, 2013

Swirl #2 A

How To Piece Lorraine


Yesterday I showed you this block that I designed and named Lorraine.

Today I'll show you how I would piece it. (You might decide there is a better way.)


I've drawn it as a 6" block on a 1/2" grid.

Looking at this I"ve decided it needs to be paper pieced.



Here it is in the various stages of paper piecing.




























The next step is to trim the block to 6 1/2" x 6 1/2". The final step is to rip the paper out of the back.















As a general rule I prefer to avoid paper piecing. However, in this case it seemed like the best solution.

2 comments:

  1. Some of us love paper-piecing, so thank you for a block that is in one section with an easy sequence. I am going to play with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie

    De gustibus non est disputandum.

    When you do play with it, I'd love to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete