Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Blocks

Snail's Trail

What can I make using this Snail's Trail block?
What if I start by doing the obvious? I'll combine four of them rotated.

This is dark and drear; it needs lightening up.
What if I put a lighter red in the 4 corners?

This has more life.

Can I add to the shape formed by the dark red?
What if I combine a Snail's Trail block with a reverse Snail's Trail block and then add them to the top? I'll make the blocks using red, dark red and pale pale olive.


This has possibilities.
When I add them to all 4 sides I get this.

I need to put something in the corners.
 What if I add this Snail's Trail block in the corners?
I like this.
What if I combine 4 of them?

This is interesting and feels very old to me. It feels like it should be some historical style. Maybe it's French Provincial? I don't know. Anyway it's definitely not modern.






For more ideas using different blocks go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Blocks.

2 comments:

  1. It defintely has an older feel to it; but what an interesting design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry

    On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I like this design; on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I'm not sure. But in any case it is, as you say, interesting.

    ReplyDelete