Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's Okay To Try Something Different


























You don't have to make the same quilts that your grandmother made. You can design quilts that are totally different.

I'm going to play with these 2 blocks and see what happens. The one on the right is Drunkard's Path. The one on the left doesn't have a name but it is similar to Snowball. They don't look like they belong together, so I should get some interesting results.




























I wanted to create designs I hadn't seen before. So I picked 2 blocks to play with that I don't remember as ever being used together. You don't create something new by using the same old blocks in the same old way.

Trying something different doesn't always result in something good. So what? All you loose is the few minutes you spent designing. And you have fun trying.  But if you find something you like, you get to smile for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. I keep telling my hubby that I need a houseboy... just so I have time to design... so far, he just smiles... sigh!

    ReplyDelete