Thursday, April 10, 2014

An Applique Alphabet








In my last post I showed you the lower case Cranston alphabet. This time you get to see the upper case.



Cranston is a combination of applique and stitching. Fabric is appliqued in place, then the stitching is added to complete the letters.











Here's the complete alphabet:















Here's what it looks like in use:






I like the way it looks. The upper case letters work well together.

However, there are some situations where some upper case letters don't work as well as they could when combined with lower case letters. For example, the H in Hats feels a bit wimpy
.





So I've added 3 alternative letters to be used in such cases.





I like this Hats better.






Cranston is the only alphabet that I've designed using applique. I like the look. I may to try and design others one of these days.

1 comment:

  1. I have been playing with alphabets too, but I think I wasted my time ... yours is just great!

    ReplyDelete