Sunday, March 10, 2013

Scrambled Block #3

Card Trick



























This quilt design doesn't look like it was made using a Card Trick block. It wasn't. Instead, I took the units that go together to make a Card Trick block recolored them, scrambled them, and put them together to make a new block.This quilt design was made using that new block.


On the far left is a Card Trick block. On the near left are the 9 units that go together to make the block.




What if I recolor the units like this?


When I scramble the units and put them back together I get the block on the near right and the quilt on the far right.


What if I recolor the units like this?
I can make a very different block and quilt.


What if I recolor the units like this?
I get another new block.

This time I'll put 4 blocks together to create a design. I'll put sashing around that design and treat it like a block to make my quilt.

What if I color the units like this?
I can create yet another block that makes a quilt in the form of a knot.





Taking a traditional block apart and scrambling the units is a fun way to design new quilt blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment