Sunday, March 24, 2013

Scrambled Block #6

Flying Shuttles



























To create this quilt design I started with a Flying Shuttles block which I broke down into the 9 units that go together to make it.









Then I recolored the units and scrambled them to make a new block which I used to design the quilts.














There are a lot of ways I can recolor the units and a lot of ways I can scramble them.






















There are a lot more ways than these that a Flying Shuttles block could be scrambled.  You might want to try a few.

5 comments:

  1. I just love your paterns but is it allowed to copy those paterns??

    Greetings Roos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roos

    If you want to make a quilt based on any of the designs you see on my blog, that would be wonderful.

    If you send me a picture of it when it's done, that would be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and I will send a picture when I finished one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm not sure how I found your blog, but your ideas of scrambling blocks is inspiring. Based on your comment to Roos above, I'm hoping you won't mind if I use this concept to present a mystery quilt at my guild's retreat next month. Are you still interested in photos?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anne

    Not only would I not mind if you use this concept, I'd be peased.

    If you were to send photos, I'd be more than pleased.

    ReplyDelete