Friday, October 18, 2013

Scrappy Quilt #5

Crib Quilt




















Most of the scrappy quilts I designed over the last week had light backgrounds. One or two had dark backgrounds. I thought I would try one with a medium value background and make the foreground both light and dark.

I'm going to use two simple units to make this quilts. One is made from a square of light fabric with three medium value corners. The other is a square of dark fabric with three medium value corners. Both squares are 4"x4" finished size.                                                        

I'll use the units to make two different 8"x8" blocks - one light and one dark.

When I alternate the blocks I get this crib quilt which is 32"x48" before I add the borders.







1 comment:

  1. Cool idea - creates an interesting effect.
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete