Friday, March 12, 2010

Playing with Quilting

Broken Dishes Quilt

Let's go back in time for a moment.  In my 5 January 2010 blog I played with a Broken Dishes block and created a quilt top. The next day I added some quilting. On 17 February I added a border.  You can see the result on the left.  Obviously, I now need to complete the quilting design.
What if I complete the concentric circles and bring them into the border?

I like this; it adds a nice counterpoint to the main image.  However, the main image could use some strengthening.
What if I change some of the light green triangles near the 4 centers to a light purple.

This is better. The focus is stronger.

I don't want to draw any more attention to the border; so I'll do some simple echo quilting in it using a thread that matches the border fabric.


For more Broken Dishes ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Broken Dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment