Thursday, April 22, 2010

On Point

Hidden Star 







What if I use these on point Hidden Star blocks to design a quilt top?


 


What if I start with the bright green in the center?

What if I surround it with dark green blocks?


What if I use yellow green blocks next?

I'll leave the top and bottom, left and right blocks off because I want to start shaping the quilt into a square. 

What if I place 3 yellow blocks in each of the corners and one each on the top, bottom and sides?

This is starting to look like it will fit in a square.

What if I complete the square by placing an orange block in each corner?
What if I use red for the background and borders?

The dark red really brings out the other colors.  I like the lacy effect of the beige against the multi-colored background.





For more ideas using Hidden Star blocks go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Hidden Star  I use these on point Hidden Star blocks to make a quilt top design?

No comments:

Post a Comment