Friday, April 12, 2013

Half & Half Block #6

Kindersley



























I named the Half & Half block I used to make this quilt design Kindersley, after Kindersley Saskatchewan.

The two units that I used to make the block are easy to sew. First you make strips.


Then you sew the strips together.


Sew two of each unit together and the result is a Kindersley Half & Half block





Next you  play with the blocks to see what sort of designs are possible.

Add borders to this and you get the quilt at the start of this blog.





Here are a few more designs in various color ways.



























I love the asymmetry of Half & Half blocks because I never know what is going to happen when I play with them.

1 comment:

  1. When i think you can no longer blow my mind with your playfulness, you do!

    ReplyDelete