Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pieced Alphabet





Part 6

Today I'm posting the last of the numbers for my Shaganappi Alphabet.



You will notice that the top of the 5 is slightly inset. This is to keep it from looking top heavy.

Rather than try to cut the long narrow piece to size, I would sew it first and then trim it to fit.


The same goes for the 6.
You will also notice that some of the numbers are slightly narrower than others.

This keeps them looking the same size as the 3, the 8 and the 0.


The 9 is 6 upside down.
The 0 is O upside down.
(Translation: The zero is oh upside down.)











When I design an alphabet I don't just go with the first thing that pops into my head. Well, actually I do. But then I change it. I play with it and try different things to see what works best.

I mention this because sometimes I make mistakes (Yes I know it's hard to believe) and yesterday I made one. I posted the wrong 2. So here is the correct one, I mean two.

This 2 is narrower than the one from yesterday.







And finally, I'll leave you with a bit of punctuation.






No comments:

Post a Comment