Friday, April 29, 2011

Try This Simple Exercise

For Designing Quilts


























An easy way to start a quilt design is to take a simple block and then add to it.

This Sawtooth Star is in the center of a grid. You can design patterns around it by connecting the grid points with lines. Then you color in the patterns you've created.

I've done a few below to get you started.



















The Sawtooth Star is still the center of interest in all these designs. I've just tried to find something that will enhance it and make a more interesting design.

Now it's your turn.

Remember it's an exercise, so don't be afraid to try unusual patterns and colors.

2 comments:

  1. Don't laugh, but my first glance told me that you were writing the word WALK and got the L backwards. Sigh. Nice post, aside from my skewed imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie

    Somehow this comment attached itself to the 29 April post instesd of the 7 May post where it belongs. Go figure.

    In any case, I've got to admit that WALK is a lot easier to pronounce than WAJK. Maybe I should change my third name.

    ReplyDelete