Monday, May 3, 2010



From My Pieced Alphabet:

Rosewood

Quilters often make quilts using blocks on point. I thought it might be a good idea to design an on point alphabet.

What if I start with an on point grid that has diagonal, horizontal and vertical lines?
I can use my grid to create this 3.

The next step is to decide how to piece it.
What if I do the obvious and create horizontal seam lines top and bottom.?

What if I use 4 seam lines to divide the 3 vertically?
My next seam line is the diagonal one shown in green.

 The final seam lines are, of course, shown in black.












Because the blocks touch at their points rather than along their sides, they don't require spacers between them. They automatically space themselves.

The spacing is, however, quite wide, so this alphabet needs a lot of room.



For other pieced alphabets go to My Post by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Lettering

No comments:

Post a Comment