Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Playing with Blocks

Wonky King's Crown


Like most blocks, the King's Crown block is designed on a regular grid.


What if I change the grid on a KIng's Crown block so that it is part of the Fibonacci sequence 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21...?

This is a remarkable change. The wonky King's Crown block looks nothing like the original.


What if I combine 4 wonky King's Crown blocks and rotate them so that the corners with the small squares touch?

This arrangement has 4 squares in the oustide corners, like the original King's Crown block; but it is much more elaborate.


What if I color the wonky King's Crown block differently?

Except that it's red, this could be a bluebell.


When I combine 4 of these I get an attractive flower.


What if I add a border?

I think this would make a fine wall hanging or table topper.














For more wonky blocks go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Wonky Blocks.

3 comments:

  1. Elsie

    It's not possible to have too much fun. Too much sun? Yes! Too much done? Possibly. Buns,sons, and puns? I can see that. But too much fun? never!

    ReplyDelete