Sunday, May 23, 2010

Quilting

You can't be a quilter and not do some quilting. Still, the truth is, I've always been more comfortable designing piecing than quilting. But quilting won't become easier unless I do more of it. So it's time I spent some time trying to design stand-alone quilting.

What if I start with a simple stitched shape like this?


 What if I combine 4 of them to give me leaves on a stem?


 What if I place 4 stems around a circle?

 This pattern has some potential. 


What if I repeat this pattern 4 times to form a diamond shape?

This nice, simple, and plain.


What if I repeat the diamond shape by stitching a second one on top of the first but slightly offset?

This is definitely ornate. But, since it is made by repeating a simple pattern it should be simple to sew even though it looks complicated.


What if one of the diamond shapes is a different color?

The light grey looks as if it is the shadow cast by the black diamond shape.

I like all 3 versions of this pattern.







For more quilting go to My Post by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment