Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Piecing

Hooded Merganser











This was my first attempt at creating a Hooded Merganser block. I was working from several pictures and, of course, the exact details are different on each one. What varies most is the shape of the head and the white "fan" depending on whether the "hood" is up or not.


I like this better. The eye and the brow are a bit higher. The white fan focuses on the eye as it is supposed to.


I've flattened the beak just a little. It was slightly exaggerated before.


When I take away the seam lines, I am happy with the result.








For more birds go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Birds.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, this is gorgeous! I'm going to have to sit quietly one early morning with my first cuppa and visit all of your bird blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it.
      It's been a while since I've done any birds.

      Delete