Saturday, February 20, 2010

Playing with Quilting

Log Cabin Block

I want to do a little experimenting with some quilting on this Log Cabin block.

What if I try this?

What if I just repeat the Log cabin blocks?

This is is okay, but this design is not at its best in this arrangement.

What if I arrange the Log Cabin blocks so that they form bands?

This is better.  The design results in a zigzag pattern down the center of the bands.  It has an interesting texture and turns corners well.

What if I arrange the Log Cabin blocks so that they form diamonds?

I like this too.  The diamonds have been turned into flowers. 

They would look more like flowers if I changed the light half of the blocks to either bright yellows or bright pinks and then changed the dark half to garden greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment