Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Playing with Blocks

Crow's Foot


When I first saw this block referred to as Crow's Foot, I was surprised. I'd always thought of it as Bear's Paw.


But the block most often called Bear's Paw is this. So I've had to revise my thinking.

What if I use the Crow's Foot block to create these 2 new blocks?


What if I create a checkerboard pattern using the 2 new blocks?

It's hard to see any pattern at all. This reads as texture. Only by looking really hard can I see a series of X's and O's.



What if I color the X's green and leave the O's brown?

I can see the checkerboard pattern now.



What if I tone down the contrast by replacing the white with light colors?

This has the autumnal feel of fallen leaves to me.











For more block explorations go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment