Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Quilting

I borrowed this from my 1 June 2010 post.


What if I add to it with some petal-like shapes?

I think this makes a perfectly good quilt design for filling a square space.


What if I repeat it?

I get a border design.


What if I repeat 4 of them in the form of a square?

I get a design for a larger square space.


What if I repeat the square design?

I get a design for a larger border.



What if I repeat 4 of the original design in the shape of a cross?

I get a design that I can use to fill a diamond shape.





What if I repeat the cross and link it?













I get another border design.


What if I collapse the cross so that the two horizontal arms touch?

I get a design that I can use to fill a vertical space.








What if I alternate between the 2 cross designs and link them?











I get yet another border design.



The secondary shapes that appear when I use various combinations of this design are what appeals to me about this design.


For more quilting design go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment