Friday, June 4, 2010

Playing with Blocks

Wonky Kansas Star


What if I change the grid on a Kansas Star block and create a wonky Kansas Star?


What if I add another color?


What if I place 4 wonky Kansas Star blocks together so that the smallest corner squares are in the center?

This would make a great table topper.



What if I put 4 of the table toppers together?

What if I try this in different colors?



What if I try red and a green-gold?




What if I replace the white background with a light tan and a light caramel?

I'm not at my best with colors today. Which is too bad, because I think this pattern has a lot of potential and would be spectacular if I could get the colors right. I'll have to try again another day. Any suggestions as to what I might try?



For more wonky blocks go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Wonky Blocks.

8 comments:

  1. It looks a lot like a storm at sea to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this one is really cool, Wayne. The colors always look different in fabric, but I like that red, green/gold with a white background (or off-white). This is a fabulous design. Yikes, I want to make one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The circles this block creates are very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wayne,

    Love the last one but agree there is some room for improvement .... something wrong with the green and beige where the blocks meet.

    I have a vision of the future ..... I am going to have to create some wonky blocks! It looks like you are having a lot of fun with these!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen

    It is similar to Storm at Sea. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to check out Storm at Sea patterns and see if I can find colors that inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elsie

    I suspect that if the red was redder and the green was golder (is golder a word?) the version you like would work much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn

    I find the circles interesting; but I also find the diamonds with the concave sides that lie between them are interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy

    You should try some wonky blocks. I am having fun doing them. And fun is what you'd have with them too.

    ReplyDelete