Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blocks

Sawtooth Star


Two days ago (24 October 2010) I pointed out that a Sawtooth Star block can be made from a simple unit that is repeated 4 times.
I then played with that simple unit. I put 4 of them together in several different ways to create a series of new blocks.


Today I am going to treat those new blocks as if they were units and put them together 4 at a time to create super-blocks.






















I won't show all the possibilities. These are just a few of the super-blocks that I feel would be interesting to play with some more. Combining super-blocks creates mega-blocks. Mega-blocks are sometimes called quilts.

For more Sawtooth Star explorations go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Sawtooth Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment