Friday, May 28, 2010

Playing with Colors

Log Cabin

I want to color a Log Cabin block so that it doesn't look like a Log Cabin block.



When you sew a Log Cabin block you sart in the center and spiral out. What if I try making Log Cabin spirals?



What if I repeat the spiral using a variety of bright colors?

This looks like spirals in boxes.



What if I use scrap fabrics to make spirals?

This time it is obvious that the spirals are connected. The pattern splits into four sections.



What if I make a spiral that is wider than it is tall?



What if I repeat the wide spiral?

This has more movement than the other two versions. It reminds me of a maze.












For more Log Cabin ideas go to My Post by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Log Cabin.

2 comments:

  1. A few days ago I was wondering if I could use this sort of variation in some of my virtual log cabin designs (insert spooky music here) but haven't gone any further with that thought .... now I am thinking about it again, but with four of them. Don't think it would work really well, but could be worth playing.

    What amI saying, it is always worth playing as you never know what is going to happen!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy

    If you like spooky music, then go ahead and play it. But you really don't have to. It was your Log cabin designs that suggested this to me; I'm not surprise they suggested it to you as well.

    As for playing, I say go ahead. Especially since you never know what's going to happen. At least, I don't.

    ReplyDelete