Saturday, May 29, 2010


Quilting

I am going to start with this simple stitched pattern and explore making a quilting pattern with it.

What if I stitch 4 of them with their points together?

I get a flower.

What if I put 4 flowers together?

I get 4 flowers. I want something more interesting than this.


What if I start over and put 4 of my original simple pattern together the other way round?



What if I put 4 of these together in the shape of a cross?

This is better. But it needs more.


What if I put the flowers in the corners?

I get a wreath.

What I like about the wreath, is the variety of different shapes I can find in it. It looks complicated but it is made by repeating one simple shape.






For more quilting go to My posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment