Thursday, July 1, 2010

Colors

Wonky Dutchman's Puzzle


Yesterday I created this wonky Dutchman's Puzzle block.

What if I try coloring it a couple of different ways?
































In each case I've shown the wonky Dutchman's Puzzle block, then 4 of the wonky block rotated to make a larger block, and then 4 of the larger block assembled to form a quilt top pattern. I've done this because I can't predict by just looking at a block the patterns it will create; even 4 of the block are not enough to show its full potential; however, by the time I have 16 blocks I know if the block is any good or not.

I think all three versions of this block make interesting quilt patterns.


For more wonky blocks go to My Blocks by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Wonky Blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment