Saturday, July 17, 2010

Quilting

Crescent Moon Placemat


This is one of the placemats made with a crescent moon applique that I developed on 10 July 2010.

How should I go about quilting it?


What if I echo around the outside and the inside of the applique moons using a light green thread?

I quite like this but it needs more quilting.


What if I quilt an ellipse in the center?

This works but I'm not sure it's enough.


What if I replace the large ellipse with 2 smaller ones?

I'm not sure about this either.


What if I try 2 overlapping ellipses?

I'm sure about this. I like how it looks and it does the job without being too elaborate.

Do I need to quilt around the outside?


I like how the quilting looks and I don't want to mess with it by overdoing it. What if I just stitch inside the edge using a green that matches the background?

I'm not sure this is necessary but it is okay.


For more quilting explorations go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment