Thursday, July 22, 2010

Borders

Log Cabin


This Log Cabin Quilt design is from my 25 June 2010 post.

What should I do for borders?


What if I place the design on a white background and use brown for the binding?

I like this.


What if I make a new block by replacing the greens in the Log Cabin block with browns and use it for the border? I'll use white binding this time.

I like this.


What if I replace the white binding with a narrow white border and black binding?

I like this.



What if I make another new block by replacing the white in the Log Cabin block with brown, and use it for the border?

I like this too.

Either I'm having one of those days where I can do no wrong, or I'm having one of those days where I like everything.





For more Log Cabin ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Log Cabin.

2 comments:

  1. Love the last one!

    Isn't it great when things keep coming together in ways you like? Diamond days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy

    Some days everything goes right. But one never knows which days in advance. The only way to find out is to step up to the plate and start swinging. (I assume they know baseball in Australia?)

    ReplyDelete