Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Borders

Wonky Grecian Square


This quilt top is from my 7 July 2010 post.

I now think that the border is too confining. What else can I do?










What if I tone down the border and make it a neutral color?

This is better.







What if I elongate the Grecian Square block and use it in the border?

This border overwhelms the design.






What if I repeat the Grecian Square block in the border?

The border still takes too much attention away from the quilt design.


What if I float the design on a white background and finish it with a dark blue binding?

This is better but a bit stark.








What if I add a border of alternating blue and white squares?

I quite like this.















For more border explorations go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment