Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Quilting

Curved Tear Drop Placemat


This Placemat is from my 2 July 2010 post. I am going to play with different ways of quilting it.

The pattern is made using appliqued tear drops.


What if I use the exact same tear drop in my quilting?


What if I make the quilted tear drop smaller?


What if I change the color of the quilted tear drops and arrange them differently?



What if I forget about quilting tear drops and try something else?  What if I try concentric circles?


What if I quilt some tear drops larger than, and some smaller than, the original appliqued tear drops?

This is my favorite so far. but there are still lots of ideas I haven't tried yet.  Maybe I'll try echo quilting next.






For more placemat ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Placemat.

No comments:

Post a Comment