Sunday, August 29, 2010

Applique

Tessellated Quilt


This tessellated pattern is made by repeating a simple rotated block.

I want to see what it looks like in various colors.

And I want to try appliqueing on it with this figure composed of pieces cut on my Go fabric die cutter.



















I got some interesting results. But I never managed to make the tessellation part of the design; it was always just the background for the applique design.









For more applique ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Applique.

4 comments:

  1. Geni

    I think all of these, including the straight tessellation without any applique, are possible quilts.

    However, lately my sense of color has been on holidays and I'm not sure if I got the colors quite right on any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite partial to the grey version with the pink/purple flowers. The last one with the block/grey combo is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your primary quilt colors are spot on! Never anything wrong with greens! The appliqué color however may infact be on vacation, but...that is always in the eye of the beholder. Your designs a re inspiring.

    ReplyDelete