Saturday, January 30, 2010

Playing with Blocks

Bear's Paw

This bear's Paw block is my starting point. I'm going to play with it and see what happens.
What if I place 4 Bear's Paw blocks so that their corners touch?

I need to do something with the empty corner squares.

What if I place smaller Bear's Paw blocks where the large Bear's Paw corners touch?
What if I repeat the original colors in the new blocks but reverse the colors on the "claws" in the smaller blocks?

This feels industrial to me. I see square gears that interlock.

It needs a bit of zip to make those gears spin.
What if I change the "claws" from pale blue-purple to bright yellow?

I find this to be both calming and exciting at the same time.  The large blue-purple rectangles are very peaceful; while the small yellow triangles vibrate.

2 comments:

  1. You went a nice direction with this... I might just try something like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie I'm glad you like it.

    If you do try something similar I would love to see a picture of it, even if it's just design sketches.

    ReplyDelete