Monday, January 4, 2010


Playing with Letters












From My Pieced Alphabet:

Patchwork

As quilters, we make patchwork quilts.  What if I were to make patchwork letters too? It's would be a great way to use up scraps.





For my Patchwork Alphabet I've decided on 1" x 1" squares on a 3 x 6 grid for the letters.







What if I keep the squares simple by only using the following to make my letters:

Plain Squares

Half-Squares

Half-Square Triangles

Quarter-Square Triangles

Squares with 2 Connector Corners


This 8 uses squares, half-square triangles and quarter-square triangles.

I can sew all the diagonals using the connector corner method.


It's fun to try different color combinations.  The important thing is to maintain a distinct contrast in tone between the letter and the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment