Sunday, January 3, 2010

Playing with Quilting

Card Trick  (See also 2 January 2010)


This quilt top was designed using a Card Trick block.






I need to design some quilting for it.










What if I use the outline pattern of the Card Trick block repeated over and over for my quilting?


There is a grid buried in the Card Trick pattern.  I could begin by sewing it.
Then add the diagonal quilting to create the final pattern.
The result is quilting that echoes the blocks and ties them nicely to the border.

5 comments:

  1. I FOR ONE AM GLAD THAT YOU DID NOT KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. THANK YOU. PEGGY IN ABILENE, TEXAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy

    That makes two of us.

    When I design I do something, anything; then I change it and I keep changing it until I like it. That's how this all started. So now it looks like that's how I'm living my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggy got it right!

    Like the border much more with the quilting!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you contribute to the art of quilting as well as quilting makes your life more fulfilling. That what is addicting in it! I´m happy to be able to follow your work and ideas. Tks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bia

    Quilting is definitely addicting. Designing quilts is even more addicting. I wouldn't want to give up either of them.

    ReplyDelete