Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Amish Star #7

Borders

Amish Star Quilt


This quilt design is based on an Amish Star block. It comes from my 1 September 2010 post.


I think it could use some borders.


What if I add a plain dark border?

This is okay, but I'm hoping I can do better.


What if I try a lighter border and dark cornerstones that I'll steal from the quilt design?


What if I repeat the cornerstones along the sides of the borders?


What if I darken the border again?

This makes an interesting border.


What if I lighten the border and the cornerstones?


What if I lighten the cornerstones even more?

This makes an interesting border too.










For more border ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Borders.

2 comments:

  1. I really love the last 2 designs (esp the second to the last one). Which did you end up choosing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama Spark

    I haven't decided. The last three all appeal to me for different reasons.

    The third last one integrates the sashing and the border best, but it's a bit moody.

    The second last one has the most punch.

    The last one is calm and serene.

    ReplyDelete