Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Borders

On Point Oh Susannah


I've been fiddling with this since 10 November 2010. I like the central motif but I'm still looking for a border that will set it off.
What if I tone down the background grays and make the brown border larger?

The background is less obtrusive and I like the proportions better.
What if I create a diamond around the central motif using design elements from the motif?

This crowds the motif and interferes with the outline shape.
What if I create a gap between the motif and the diamond?

This reads better and the motif looks like it did a month ago.
What if I make the background inside the diamond plain white?

Finally I've got something I'm happy with.
What if I make the background inside the diamond pale brown?

I'm happy with this too. But I think I like the white background better.

To see other blocks I've played with on point go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on On Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment