Thursday, March 11, 2010

Playing with Color

Drunkard's Path Placemat

I created this 12" x 18" placemat design using 24 Drunkard's Path blocks.

Now I'm going to revert to my childhood, take out my crayons, try different ways of coloring this, and see what happens.











A1                                                                      A2











B1                                                                      B2












C1                                                                     C2












D1                                                                    D2


It's interesting the effect color can have.  It can change the feel or mood of a design.  But, more amazingly,  it can actually change the structure of the design as well.

I'd be interested to know which of the color above schemes appeals to you and why.

You might want to get out your crayons and try coloring as well.  If you don't have crayons you can always use a quilt design program, such as EQ6, instead.

For more placemat ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Placemat.



4 comments:

  1. I like A2 and C2, not too sure why except that they are lively! You are having too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like D1 .......... both this and D2 look like a block I call Reflections!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elsie

    Playing with quilt design is always fun. And it's not possible to have too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy

    I can see why you would call it reflections.

    Maybe I should try using these placemats as blocks. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete