Saturday, March 20, 2010

Playing with Quilting

Broken Dishes Placemat

What if I make a 12" x 18"placemat using 6 Broken Dishes blocks?
My placemat needs some quilting to make it more interesting.

A Broken Dishes block is made up of 4 half-square triangles.  What if I quilt a triangular shape, made of three overlapping arcs, in the light half of each square?


Each Broken Dishes block then looks like this.
And my placemat would look like this.

This is interesting.  I think it looks like overlapping footballs.
The quilting for each Broken Dishes block can be sewn as a continuous line.  Start at A sew along the black line, then the green line and finally the red line.

The entire placemat can be quilted in a similar manner.


For more quilting ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment