Thursday, November 25, 2010

Borders

Wonky Calico Puzzle


I want to add a border to this quilt top design from yesterday.
What if I begin by repeating the original all brown version 4 times?
What if I place the colored version in the middle?
What if I remove some of the blocks? I'll get rid of the outside edge and the ring of blocks around the central image.
What if I change the dark red brown in the border to the same dark, almost black, olive that is in the central image?
What if I use that same black olive for binding and accent borders?

I like how this turned out. The colors are starting to grow on me.




For other border ideas go to My Posts by Subject in the sidedbar on the right and click on Borders.

2 comments:

  1. Wayne,

    This finished up looking rather sophisticated when the accent borders were added.

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy

    I was surprised how it turned out. It fought me all the way.

    I'm not sure about sophisticated. I think it has a late 1940's or early 1950's look to it.

    ReplyDelete