Sunday, November 21, 2010

Quilting

Hexagonal Blocks Quilt


Two days ago I created this hexagonal block quilt. I've tidied up the border since then and now I need to decide how to quilt it.
A week ago Liz suggested that sewing around hexagonal shapes requires turning and twisting the quilt a lot. Good point.

What if I sew straight lines through the hexagonal shapes in the border?
What if I use a medium brown thread instead of dark brown?

I like how this looks. The hexagons are like beads on strings, or like traffic on a multi-lane highway.
What if I stipple the remaining black and grey areas?

This will make the purple and green shapes stand out a bit and add to the 3D effect of this quilt.



For more hexagonal blocks go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Hexagonal Blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment