Monday, November 29, 2010











From My Pieced Alphabet:

Kelvin Grove




The Kelvin Grove alphabet is based on this simple shape. It appears, with some variation, in almost all the letters.

What if I divide the E into vertical strips?

I may have trouble keeping all those long narrow pieces parallel.
What if I divide the E  horizontally?

This requires more pieces. I would also like to avoid, if I can, having too many diagonal seams all together as they are in the top and bottom strips.
Not everything has to be strips. What if I start with larger pieces in the center and build out?

This is the same number of pieces as the first attempt. I think the larger pieces will keep this aligned better as I sew the E.

For more letters go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Lettering.

No comments:

Post a Comment