Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blocks

Unnamed


The other day (27 November 2010) I used this simple block as the basis of a tessellation. Today I want to try using it differently.
What if I combine this block with a reflected version of itself?
What if I add 3 more blocks and make a cross?
What if I combine 4 crosses rotated?
What if, in each corner, I place a ribbon made from 4 blocks?
I like the ribbon. What if I use it as a design unit?
 What if I combine 4 ribbon units rotated?
What if I use a pinwheel to connect the O's in the center?

I have a motif that I can repeat.
What if I repeat the motif and add some color?
What if I cap the open ends of the motifs?

I think this quilt top presents plenty of opportunity for some interesting quilting.










To see other blocks and how I played with them go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Blocks.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing and to think it started with something so simple. Are we allowed to make a quilt like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hettie

    If you want to make this quilt, go ahead. If you do make it, I would very much like for you to email me a picture.

    ReplyDelete