Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tessellation

Starting with these 2 simple blocks which are the reverse of each other, I want to try to create a tessellation.
What if I try combining 2 of each rotated to make a larger block?
What if I repeat 4 of this larger block?

I get a tessellation; but not one that I think is especially interesting.
This odd shape, by the way, is the tessellating shape.
What if, instead of repeating them, I rotate 4 of the larger block?

This is not a tessellation but it is an interesting design.


When I repeat the design I get this, which I like very much.
What if I start over with the original 2 blocks?
What if I combine 2 of each rotated so that a different corner than before is at the center of the larger block?
What if I repeat 4 of this larger block?

I get a tessellation which is essentially the same as the one I got way back when on my first try.

It is still not interesting enough.
What if I rotate 4 of the new larger block?

This is a tessellation and an interesting design.
Should any one ask, this odd shape is the tessellating shape.
When I repeat the design I get this tessellation, which I like.


For more tessellations go to My Posts by Subject in the sidebar on the right and click on Tessellation.

No comments:

Post a Comment